Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The (unhappiest) Little Dragon

Please don't let the picture below fool you. Britton HATED his costume. Originally, I had planned to take my little dragon by the office and show him off to all the ladies. Later, we would go trick-or-treating with Britton being carted around by Daddy in his snazzy little red wagon. Unfortunately, our boy had entirely different plans...the first being to get out of that costume as quickly as possible!!! We were able to snap a few pictures before Britton went into a total meltdown. I know my poor baby is cutting more teeth and just wasn't feeling up to be parading around anymore in that warm, fuzzy costume.


So much for trick-or-treating this year:( We settled for dinner out instead...with my little dragon perched on my knee throughout the entire meal. A high chair was not going to cut it this time around. Between Bubba having to cut my steak because I only had one hand free while the other was constantly snatching silverware, napkins, and butter out of my child's paw, and Britton screaming incessantly, it was about the most unpleasant meal I've had out in a long time ever. Luckily, our little dragon was so worn out after the fiasco that was dinner that he fell asleep in the car, and we put him to bed extra early. Well, we have plenty of years for trick-or-treating ahead of us, so we'll just call this year a bust and hope for better luck next year.

2 comments:

  1. Mason hated his puppy dog costume as well. Instead of trick-or-treating, we just went to my parents house instead. But Britton sure does look cute in the picture you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looked so cute in his costume!! bummer that he didn't care for the costume though and no fun that dinner was a wreck. it can only be better next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete