Monday, November 28, 2011

Uh-Oh Spaghetti O

For dinner last night we let Britton feed himself pasta and tomato sauce for the first time, and boy was it MESSY!!! Britton's verdict on his dinner was a big thumbs down. Really?!? What kid does not like pasta? I definitely have a picky eater on my hands which is an anomaly for this family because Bubba and I are the most adventurous eaters you will ever meet. I won't gross you out with details of all the peculiar dishes we have tried over the years, but there have been quite a few. I have a basic rule that I will taste a bite of at least anything once...of course barring dogs, cats, ponies, etc. Britton would be happy if he could live on a diet consisting exclusively of fruits and cereals. He hates vegetables except for sweet potatoes and has scoffed at all attempts at meats, thus far. I guess I have a little vegetarian on my hands for now. Hopefully, his tastes will expand in time because I have dreams of us sitting down as a family and enjoying Ethiopian dishes that we scoop up with our hands using injera bread instead of utensils or Britton asking me for a second helping of my chicken tikka masala or all of us slurping up our own warm bowls of Vietnamese Pho when the weather gets cool. For now I guess I'll let my boy nibble at his "crunchies" (Gerber Graduate's Sweet Potato Puffs) and pray that he will someday develop a taste for the exotic spicy flavors that his Daddy and I enjoy so much.




Disclaimer: Please do NOT let the happy look on his little face fool you. There was alot of tears and food throwing accompanying this meal. He just knows how to ham it up for the camera;)

1 comment:

  1. His "diet" seems good for now. At least he's an enthusiastic eater :) Stopping by from the Monday bloghop!

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete