Friday, November 11, 2011

Dig In, Football Fans

Although the end of football season will be here quicker than I'd like, this is actually my favorite time of the entire season. All the best games have yet to be played: Georgia vs. Auburn, Alabama vs. Auburn, Georgia vs. Georgia Tech, the SEC Championship, all the bowl games, the National Championship and then the Super Bowl. Putting on a great spread for each game is of the upmost importance at my house, so I've taken to the web to discover some great new recipes to serve on Saturdays. Bubba must have the remote in one hand and something good to eat in the other at all times and only leaves the couch for bathroom breaks on football Saturdays;) Luckily, Britton seems to enjoy football as much as his Daddy does and will lounge in his lap for hours. Bubba has all the intentions of cultivating Britton into a future quarterback or kicker. Bubba was a place kicker in college and definitely has the skills to teach our little boy to be one heck of a kicker someday. Mommy thinks she prefers a kicker to a quarterback anyway. I sure don't want any of those big, tough linebackers sacking my sweet boy. On second thought, maybe Britton would rather play a non-contact sport. Perhaps golf or swimming...you never hear of serious injuries occuring in either of those sports:)

I found some delicious dishes on my recipe search and here are a few of the yummy snacks I want to try over the next couple of weeks:

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip


Greek Salad Pinwheels



Swiss Bacon Dip



The Pioneer Woman's Mini Meatball Sliders



Pizza Dip



Happy eating, y'all:)

2 comments:

  1. I will be adding these to my list of things to make. All of them! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dips look absolutely delicious! I make an onion dip with parmesan and cream cheese, but I like the variation with swiss and bacon. I'm going to have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete