Monday, November 14, 2011

One Wise Bear


Yesterday, on my weekly trip to the Target, I could not help myself and picked up Britton a Blu-Ray/DVD combo of the new Winnie the Pooh movie for his little collection of Disney films. I know Britton is too young to enjoy these movies now, but I only hope he grows to appreciate these childhood favorites as much as I did.  I was raised on Disney flicks and loved everything from the classics such as Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, and Snow White to more contemporary films like The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast (my very favorite). I can't wait till Britton gets to the age where we can sit down as a family and have Disney movie nights. I haven't seen the new Pooh film yet, but who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh?!? I'm going to save the movie for his birthday which is 2 days after Christmas...poor kid with the birthday so close to Christmas;) I just hope I can wait that long before I rip into that cellophane wrap and pop that baby into the Blu-ray.

Some of my all time favorite quotes can be attributed to Winnie the Pooh and friends (aka A.A. Milne). There are few that are so sweet they bring tears to my eyes everytime I read them.

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

For a bear who proclaims he's of  "very little brain", I  think Pooh is one smart cookie:) We could all learn a thing or two from Pooh.

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

 
"You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. you have to go to them sometimes."

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"
                                                                        -Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment