Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Alternate title: Things I Really Like Right Now. Every Wednesday I'm going to be featuring some of my favorite finds, products, etc. of the past week (or so...I have creative license here and might have to add something discovered previous to the past 7 days, or I'll run  out of stuff very fast). So with out much adieu, here is my list for the week:

1.) Redbox: This is my fairy Godmother's answer to all the Blockbusters that have been closing EVERYWHERE. Now I know some of you Netflix snobs are screaming at me right now, but I am a creature of instant gratification and must have a movie in hand the minute it comes to mind. Since there is a Redbox kiosk all of 1/2 mile from the crib, the hubby has taken to making nightly movie runs. One night's movie rental= $1 and some change!!! We watch atleast one movie if not the occasional double feature most nights. These few hours of mindless escape have easily become my favorite part of the day. I look forward to climbing into our huge bed with my honey (after Little B is fast a sleep), and popping in a flick. These precious few hours have become our answer to date night/cuddle time. Not to mention I have seen a heck of alot of movies lately...some very good, some horrendously bad!!! I won't tell you about the bad but will mention of few of my favorites of the last week: Due Date (starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis was "pee in my pants"  HILARIOUS!!!), The Eagle (a total dude flick, but I happen to think that Channing Tatum is yummy), Insidious (so scary, I made the hubby hold my hand through most of the movie) and Jane Eyre (after all these thoughtless movies, we had to add a little literary culture to our evening).

2.) Bath and Body Works Fall fragrance Anti-bacterial Hand soaps: I headed to B&BW yesterday, and found the most delicious Autumn scented hand soaps (4 for $15 or 6 for $20). Now, If you read yesterday's post, you may have learned that I am a slight germaphobe and nothing tickles my fancy like a bag full of antibacterial goodies:) Seriously, when Little B was a baby and would receive visitors I would immediately gift said visitors with a surgical mask and douse them with a gallon of antibacterial hand gel at the mere hint of a sniffle. Bath and Body works has seriously brought some game with scents  like Orchard Leaves, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Cranapple Crisp, Pumpkin Caramel Latte and Cinnamon Raisin Cookie. These soaps are enough to make a Fall loving germaphobe swoon with excitement. Don't walk, run and pick up a few of these babies TODAY, or I might just buy them out!!!

3.) Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Lattes: THERE BACK!!!! Seriously, nothing makes me know Fall is upon us like the return of Starbuck's sinfully delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte. Last year, I was pregnant with Little Bubba so I tried to seriously curb my caffeine consumption and only granted myself a few of these sweet treats all season. Now this year I am without child and able to imbibe without any reserve...if only my waistline knew this rule. In other Starbuck's news, I recently tried their Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino...ummmm, YUM!!! Pair that with one of their new Starbuck's Petites treats (I like the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie) and you have blown your diet for the entire day, but it was sort of worth it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment