Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday (Things I Love Right Now)

1.) Nook Color: I absolutely love my new e-reader from Barnes and Noble. I finished my 1st book on the device last night, Birds of Paradise by Diana Abu-Jabar.  I love the fact that I can read in the dark and not disturb my bedmate, or that I can play games while I listen to Pandora radio. Since I am a creature of instant gratification, I adore the fact that I can hear about a book on TV, or read a review and immediately download the book in the time span of a few minutes. The Nook also offers children's picture books that Baby Bubba and I enjoy reading together. I have already subscribed to several of my favorite magazines (US Weekly and People) and downloaded three new bestsellers, just waiting for me to dive into at the swipe of a finger.


2.) Angry Birds: I'm a little late to the game on this one, but as mentioned above the Nook Color offers tons of apps to download, and I have quickly become addicted to this simple game. For the uninitiated, Angry Birds is a game with the objective of destroying pigs with the help of a slingshot that launches several types of birds through various obstacles towards the targets. Sounds stupid, but it is totally addictive!!!

3.) Dapple Toy & Surface Wipes: Yet another product to feed my need to battle the war on germs. It is a green cleaning product that contains all natural ingredients...so important considering my babe has definitely entered the oral-phase and sticks everything directly into his mouth. I spent almost a hour wiping down every toy and playing surface in the house this morning. Fun times!!!


Things I don't like this week: The new Facebook format (this only happened today, so I might be jumping the gun on this one), my Fantasy Football team (darn, you Michael Vick), and the Charlie Sheen Roast on Comedy Central.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Michael Vick, but YAY for me and my team! Maybe I have a chance now...

    ReplyDelete