Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Traditions

Long before having Britton I dreamed of all the activities and fun things I would do with my future children. Of course, everyday that I spend with Britton is special, but having a child has made the holidays all the more important. I remember all the wonderful traditions that my parents created for my sister and me, and I would love to carry on many of those with Britton. However, times change and families grow, so it's up to me to start new traditions for my little family. Fall is my favorite season of the year!!!  Even though Baby Britton is still very young, there is never a better time for us to start traditions for him that will endure for years to come and create lifelong memories.

A few of our traditions for the Fall season:
  • Take a drive through the mountains to see the beautiful Autumn leaves and have a picnic. We love Dahlonega, GA, Mentone, AL or Mt. Cheaha which are the perfect distance for a day trip.


  • Visit a local pumpkin patch/ corn maze for a family day of fun and plenty of punkin' patch pictures
  • Carve pumpkins together...making sure to save the seeds for a batch of spiced toasted pumpkin seeds for snacking
  • Watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • A horror moviethon for Mommy and Daddy...Britton can join us when he's much older
  • Decorating the house from top to bottom


  • Picking out costumes (I got Britton's costume last week, and it is CUTE!!! I'll save that surprise for another post)
  • Making a scarecrow for the front yard
  • A bowl of candy corn on the counter (I just discovered two new flavors yesterday: Brach's Caramel Apple Corn and Caramel Corn)


  •  Playing Halloween themed music around the house and in the car. Here is a great link for a list of songs to download to your ipod or to make your own mix CD
  •  Halloween themed PJs, socks, etc. (and bibs for now)
  • A trip to the drive-in movie theater at the first hint of cool weather...lift the hatchback of the SUV, bring plenty of blankets, and cuddle up together while munching on popcorn and candy

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous y'all have a drive in movie theater! The art museum here shows movies on the outdoor theater in the summer - which I love, but we don't have any good outdoor options in the fall...

    ReplyDelete