Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let Him Eat Cake!!!

On the 27th we celebrated the 1st birthday of our most precious gift from God. While his little celebration was definitely a low key affair with Grandma and Grandaddy and his Daddy and me, it was no less special. We are having a larger celebration in a week, so that more family and friends can join us...I guess one big caveat of having a Christmas birthday is that everybody is still so spread out traveling for the holidays. When Britton is school age, I'm sure we will host his party a week or so before the holidays so that all his little friends will be able to join us. Nevertheless, our boy had a blast digging into his first cupcake. He ate the entire thing which definitely brought on a sugar rush to end all sugar rushes. He was literally bouncing up and down like a Mexican jumping bean and growling like a wild tiger!!! I've never let him have sugary treats before, so this was a first. He obviously LOVED every morsel of it.




It is hard to believe how fast this year has passed, and that I am now a mother of a one year old!!! Of course, I spent half the day teary eyed, flipping between the excitement of all the new milestones and adventures yet to come and mourning the bygone days of my snuggly newborn baby. I am just so grateful to be the mother of this beautiful, smart, charming little boy and look forward to watching him grow into the handsome, strong, capable, and kind man that I know he will become.

Then

Now

No comments:

Post a Comment