Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Wrap-up

Christmas was a whirl wind of activity and numerous family celebrations. The big day snuck-up on me and passed too quickly. We traveled to North Georgia a few days before Christmas to celebrate with my in-laws. We visited with family, watched movies, ate tons of good food, and opened presents.


Britton loved the little rocking horse, "Bullseye", that Nana and Papa John gave him. He also enjoyed spending time with his teenage first cousins, Layton and Zachary, and while he is super particular about who he lets hold him, he was perfectly content in his Uncle Johnny's arms...it could be the fact that although there is a 12 year age gap between the two brothers, they bare a striking resemblance, and I'm sure this fact in not lost on Britton. 


We headed to my parent's house for the remainder of the Christmas celebration. Christmas Eve brought our traditional family dinner and present opening where we were joined by my sister, niece, and new brother-in-law. 


Two of my favorite presents were the beautiful cameo-like necklace with my monogram that my sister gave me and the Waterford Crystal champagne flute that my mother gave me. I had mentioned reading about the special holiday edition flute that Waterford was going to start selling this year and continue producing a different collectible flute each year for the next decade. I had completely forgot mentioning this to my mother and was surprised and excited to start my new collection. I've always loved having something to collect...when I was little, it was VIB Bears, and then Swarorski Crystal figurines, and then I must admit that I, too, was sucked into the Beanie Baby craze. Of course, these gorgeous flutes are for "lookin' at" only. Seriously, I would hardly trust my butter fingers with a $90 crystal fute after a couple of glasses of bubbly!!!


Christmas morning the babies woke up and had their "Santa." We decided to let each child have their own tree surrounded by presents to prevent the replay of Easter where my niece thought everything was hers and had a meltdown when we informed her that some of the presents were baby Britton's.


Luckily, our plan worked out perfectly and after Miss Emily enjoyed opening her presents she sweetly came to see what Britton had gotten from Santa and understood that those were the "baby toys".


She is becoming such a big girl, and she and Britton already have such a special relationship. They are definitely going to be best friends for life.


We were joined at noon by my uncle, aunt, and favorite cousin, Matthew, who drove over from Montgomery for our traditional Christmas day lunch. We had a fabulous spread of way too much food.


The babies then got to open even more presents after lunch. Sissy, Jesse, and Em headed out to celebrate Chrismas with his family.


By the time the afternoon was over, I was dead tired and ended up in my pajamas by 4:00 pm. Bubba, Britton and I headed to bed super early to cuddle up in our warm flannel sheets to watch the Lion King and have a slumber party. I loved every minute of Britton's first Christmas and the flutter of activity, but the sweetest part of the day was when I got to enjoy spending quiet time with my precious little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment